Decision Date: March 20, 2020
Meeting Number: 12
Decision Number: 12
The board of our university held a meeting under the chairmanship of Rector Prof. Dr. İlkay SALİHOĞLU.
The following decisions were taken unanimously at the meeting within the scope of the Higher Education Planning, Supervision, Accreditation and Coordination Board’s (YÖDAK) decision dated as 18 March 2020 and numbered as 20/19, decision dated as 19 March 2020 and numbered as YDK.0.00-217-20/E.24 and The Advisory Board for Higher Education Programs’ YÖK decision numbered as 75850160-104.01.02.04-E.22853 and dated 20 March 2020:
- Educational activities at our university as of Wednesday, 11 March 2020 has been suspended after the decision of the TRNC Council of Ministers. Since this date our University has decided to switch to online education. For this purpose meetings has been held on Edmondo and Moodle programs and in-service training has been provided to our academicians. Ataturk’s Principles and History of Turkish Revolution, Turkish Language and Literature, and English lessons for both Turkish and international students are still ongoing through our Dıstance Learning Center. Taking into account the recent developments, as long as the emergency situation continues and for one time only, courses ( except for laboratory, clinical and similar courses ) will be included to the distance learning system and necessary works will be completed as soon as possible.
- In order to provide support during the Extraordinary Spring Term trainings in the 2019-2020 academic year our edmondo and moodle systems will be in use actively on the following address uzem.old.kyrenia.edu.tr.
- Our Distance Learning Center will give full support to academicians who will continue their courses on both moodle and edmodo systems, and will also support students who will take the courses on these systems.
- UZEM will follow the courses prepared by the departments within our university in order to ensure that the online courses are carried out in a qualified manner.
- When the extraordinary pandemic period is over, for lessons that require practice, additional lessons will be given in a concentrated manner and in the form of classical education without decreasing the lesson hours.
- Regarding the program (schedule) and materials carried out in our university, for the application to be carried out, the option of providing both Synchronous and asynchronous online training will be given to the Instructors.
- Our faculty members can use the trainings they have received before and use and produce online materials (Video creation, E-book creation, Powerpoint presentation, etc.).
- Our faculty members who are asynchronous in all curriculum during the course hours will remain online.
- All of the courses within the scope of distance education programs are specified in Appendix 1.
- The content, credits and duration of the course to be given through distance education, will be the same as they have been determined by the University Senate.
- The timetable and schedule of classes in distance education are the same as they have been defined in each course syllabus.
- The curriculum is as shown in Appendix 2.
- 2019-2020 academic year Extraordinary Spring Term Distance education will start on 23 March 2020.