A Coronavirus (Covid-19) commission has been established to perform during the educational activities at our university. The task definition of the commission is to inform the relevant health units in case of a positive case is detected within the University campus, to follow the isolation process of the case, to identify the contacts and close contacts, if any, and to report them to the relevant health units and to follow up the isolation processes.
At the beginning of the academic year, the managers of each Faculty or Academic Unit will hold obligatory Covid-19 precautions information meeting for students in order to support students to adapt to the restrictions.
Applications to be made within the scope of the measures to be taken in the campus and in all education areas during the diluted face-to-face education are listed below:
- Entrances to the University of Kyrenia campus will be performed under control within the scope of pandemic measures. For this purpose, students are required to pay attention to the warnings. The officials will warn students who do not pay attention to this issue and disciplinary punishment may be applied if deemed necessary.
- Unvaccinated students or those who have get only one dose / who haven’t receive the final dose of a vaccine will be identified as soon as possible and they will be encouraged to complete their vaccination procedure.
- Students who cannot be vaccinated due to force majeure will be identified and followed via regular test program.
- Students who are fully vaccinated at the entrance to the campus will be asked to present a negative antigen test result every 21 days, and students whose vaccination is not completed yet will be asked to release a negative PCR test result every 7 days.
- In order to ensure and encourage students to use masks continuously and regularly, the rules listed in the awareness posters and brochures that placed within the campus and in all learning environments will be followed.
- At the entrance of the campus and classrooms, students will be taken to the indoor environment in order, and students are required to obey the signs that have been placed to keep a distance of at least 1 m.
- Faculty members and other officials will make sure that students without masks do not enter learning environments such as classrooms and laboratories.
- Attention will be paid to the use of protective/preventive materials such as aprons, gloves, and visors during practical courses such as laboratory courses.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed at the entrance of each of the indoor areas within the campus.
- Students will be urged to use the hand disinfectant at the entrance of the classroom while entering and leaving the classes.
- Due to the diluted face-to-face education model, necessary arrangements have been made considering the unit volumes per student in all learning environments within our university. Students should only use seats, chairs, and benches with seating signs in lecture halls and classrooms.
- In all learning environments with central ventilation system, the system will provide 100% natural air circulation and filter changes will be made frequently.
- The doors and windows will be kept open throughout the training process in all learning environments that do not have central system ventilation.
- After each lesson, students will leave the classroom immediately and indoor ventilation will be provided.
- Materials used during the training such as desks, computers, microscopes, devices, machines, etc. will be disinfected.
- Periodic cleaning of classrooms, libraries, laboratories, dining halls, cafeterias, toilets, and sinks will be provided by designated officials.
- Liquid soap and hand dryers are placed in toilets for hygienic purposes.
- Necessary arrangements will be made for cleaning toilet floors, closets, urinals, sinks, door handles, and taps with 10% bleach (1/10) prepared daily.
- The rules specified in the hygiene information and awareness posters in the toilets will be followed.
- Cleaning hours of toilets will be recorded and visibly posted.
- Employee training on pandemic has been provided to the related personnel.
- Service materials such as forks and knives will be served with paper cutlery bags in social areas such as the cafeteria.