The PROFICIENCY EXAM will be held at 09.30 on 9 October 2020, Friday.
If you would like to take the exam on the CAMPUS, you need to go to Room D2101.
For those who would like to take the exam ONLINE:
The Online English Proficiency Exam Part I (Written Exam) starts at 09.30.
You must join the meet.google link (Written Exam Room Link) writtten next to your name and log in to esinav.kyrenia.edu.tr at 09.00.
The Oral Exam starts at 12.30. Click on the meet.google.com link (Oral Exam Room Link) written next to your name to enter the virtual exam room at your announced appointment time.
Online Proficiency Exam – Guidelines
- The written exam will be held on two platforms: meet.google.com and esinav.kyrenia.edu.tr.
- Since both platforms must be open during the exam, you cannot take the exam via a smartphone. You have to use a computer with a camera, microphone and speaker.
- The Oral Exam will take place on the meet.google.com platform. You need to join click on the meet.google link sent to your e-mail address at your announced appointment time. For the Oral Exam, you can use any smartphone with a working camera and microphone.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM PROCEDURE
English Proficiency Exam Part I – Written Exam
BEFORE THE EXAM:
- Remember that you need to have two tabs open on your computer during the exam: You are expected to keep both the meet.google.com and esinav.kyrenia.edu.tr tabs open until the end of the exam.
Check your computer:
- Please check out your computer before the exam.
- Make sure your camera, microphone and speaker are working.
Find a good spot to take the test:
- Make sure you have turned off all distractions such as the TV, your mobile phone, social media tools, and all notifications.
- If you have a wireless connection, please be close to the modem to improve your connection speed.
- you unplug all the other electronic devices that are connected to the Internet.
- you are ready to go online at 09:00 (at the latest).
STARTING AND SUBMITTING THE FIRST PART OF THE EXAM
Log onto esinav.kyrenia.edu.tr and click on the meet.google.com link sent to your email to enter the virtual exam room.
Click on the meet.google.com link sent to your email to enter the virtual exam room.
- Turn on your camera and be prepared to present your ID to the invigilators.
- Make sure you have your CAMERA ON during the exam.
- The exam will be recorded.
The link for the exam website is https://esinav.kyrenia.edu.tr/?lang=en.
- Log in to https://esinav.kyrenia.edu.tr/?lang=en by clicking “log in” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Write “username” and “password” then click the “log in” button.
- Click on the “English Proficiency Test” text under the “Course Categories”
- Click on the “English Proficiency Test” text once again.
- In the course, you will see English Proficiency Test Part I – Written Exam 02.10.2020. Click on it and then start the exam by clicking “attempt now”.
- Do not click on “attempt now” before 09.30. If you click early, you cannot see the exam.
- The exam is two hours long and it closes at 12.00. If you are late, you can take the test, but you will not be given any extra time.
Proficiency Exam Part I consists of Listening, Reading, Use of English and Writing questions.
The Listening Section consists of 3 parts. You are allowed to listen to each track TWICE.
Do NOT open any other tabs during the exam. You will be penalised for plagiarism.
You have ONE attempt to complete the test.
Once you start the exam, even if you lose connection, you can resume your attempt when you reconnect.
In order to finish the exam:
- Finish attempt
- Submit all and finish
- Confirmation – Submit all and finish
English Proficiency Exam Part II – Oral Exam
Click on the meet.google.com link sent to your email to enter the virtual exam room at your announced appointment time.
Do not try to enter the class before your appointment time.
Please check out your computer before the exam. Make sure your camera and microphone are working.
Ensure you will have a stable, uninterrupted internet connection.
You can use your mobile phone for the speaking exam.
Make sure your image is clearly seen by the teacher by centering your head with the frame and face the camera.
If you are late, you will be interviewed at the end of the speaking exam.
Your speaking exam will be recorded.