Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, which has affect the whole world, has also detected in our country. For this reason, our university has adopted a series of measures in line with the opinions of Infectious Diseases specialists.
- Hand sanitizers are placed at the appropriate points of our university.
- The frequency and efficiency of surface cleaning of common areas has been increased.
- School buses will be cleaned daily.
- Informative posters on the subject will be hanged in places where necessary.
Students who have recently returned from abroad and who have symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath should not come to university and immediately contact the Quarantine Center of Nicosia (Lefkoşa) Burhan Nalbantoğlu Hospital by wearing a mask.
Avoid all nonessential travel.
What is Coronavirus (Covid-19)?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
How is the disease transmitted?
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Infection occurs when these droplets directly or indirectly enter the body through the eyes, mouth or nose of people nearby. . The virus can survive on inanimate surfaces for 2-3 days.
How to protect yourself?
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently
- Do not touch your face or someone else’s face
- When washing your hands, wash the backs of your hands, between the fingers and nail tips
- for at least 20 seconds.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid sharing food utensils, items such as forks, spoons and towels with anyone.
- Stay away from crowded places
- If you’re sick, wear a mask
- Cover your mouth with a napkin or paper towel while coughing and sneezing. If not, sneeze
- on your elbow.
- Stay at home if you are sick