Aim and Mission
Department of Professional Pilot Training is a department of Faculty of Aviation and Space Sciences.
Civil aviation is a very fast developing sector in the present day. The aim of the Department of Pilotage is, in accordance with the developments in aviation sector, is educating and training students to become very well qualified pilots equipped with the most up-to-date knowledge and extensive qualifications so that they can serve in the most effective way in aviation sector. Besides, along with the very well qualified pilots who are equipped with extensive theoretical and practical knowlegde and skills, this department aims to educate and train managers and educators who can contribute to advanced scientific studies and research in aviation sector. The undergraduate program of Pilotage, in general, aims to train and educate students who can put all sort of theoretical knowledge into practice successfully and contribute to developments in aviation sector in 21st century.
The program of Pilotage will be in cooperation and collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Law of the Near East University, the sister university of UK. The students of this program have the opportunity to benefit extensively from the knowledge and experiences of teaching staff and technical and technological , too.
Graduates of this department will gain the right to be conferred upon the undergraduate diploma as well as Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL). The graduates of this department will have extensive opportunities to be employed by state and private sector companies as pilots.
The graduates of this department have a significant advantage that this sector is growing rapidly and need to well-qualified staff is also increasing gradually, and in future, the need to qualified staff in this sector will apparently continue to increase.
Strong sides of the Civil Air Transport Logistics
- Highly experienced subject specialists and experts give training in this department and students are ensured to be very well qualified and experienced at the highest possible level in their field. Besides, throughout the process of education and training, the Information and Innovation Systems Centre and all sort of technical and technological equipment of the Near East University, the sister university of KU, will be used in practical courses respectively.
- Because we regard our students as the pilots of future in their fields, we aim to train them from the very beginning of their education as the individuals who take responsibility, make precise decisions, demonstrate leading roles and approach the issues with common sense and practicality.
- Department of Pilotage is a department open to developments and innovations. It aims to train and educate students in the best possible way with its well-planned four-year-based curriculum.
- There are sufficient number of institutions for this department to carry out theoretical and practical trainings pilotage in our country.
- The demand for qualified staff in this branch is increasing gradually in accordance with the compliance procedures carried out within the scope of European Union Laws.
Necessary conditions to graduate from the department:
- The oveall grade (CGPA) at the end of 4-year academic program must be at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must take 136 credits in total.
- Exams of Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) must be passed.
There is no need to carry out internship studies. The Department of Pilotage carries out a program throughout which theoretical and practical courses are both carried out.