- The purpose:
- Uniform Application is a significant factor in the maritime Education that makes up a major part of special education. The Uniform Regulation aims to define the principles of Uniform Application and to provide students with the ability to follow the rules in discipline and sense of belonging.
- This Regulation is applied to the students of the Faculty of Maritime Studies who receive undergraduate education at the Departments of Deck, Marine Engineering, and Maritime Management and Administration, and those maritime students who get training at the Preparatory School.
- Duration and Application:
- Students have to wear uniforms from the beginning of the academic year until the end of it. Wearing uniform during the internship period is under the authority and responsibility of the relevant shipmaster or maritime lines. Students of the Faculty of have to wear uniforms during the lessons, exams and applied training hours. Students without uniforms are not allowed to lessons, exams and to applied training. Students must wear winter uniforms (navy blue) from November 1 to April 30 inclusive, and summer uniforms from May 1 to October 31 inclusive. Students may wear khaki training uniforms while having practical training on ships.Combination cap must be worn in open spaces; inside or outside the campus area.
- General Behaviors in Uniform:
- The requirement for general appearance and behavior standards is necessary to maintain a unity with the uniform. The male students of the Faculty of Maritime Studieswill comply with the hair and grooming policies while in uniform. The hair on top of the head must be neatly groomed. The length and bulk of the hair should not be excessive or present a ragged, unkempt, or extreme appearance. The hair must present a tapered appearance and mustn't extend out of the hat. The length of hair should not interfere with the normal wear of hat. Students can't grow a beard. They must keep their face clean-shaven every day.
Female students should ensure their hair is neatly groomed and short or long hair will be neatly and inconspicuously fastened or pinned. Excessive makeup and jewelry are prohibited.When in uniform the students act in a fitting manner. They can't be in reckless and intemperate behaviors and can't take part in mass demonstrations, boycotts and in all similar activities organized by other students.
- Uniforms have been prescribed as follows in accordance with traditions of Turkish maritime.
Summer Classroom Uniform Winter Classroom Uniform Practical Training Uniform White Hat White Hat Khaki Hat Short Sleeve White Shirt White Shirt Khaki Hat White Trousers Navy blue Trousers Khaki Trousers Shoulder sleeve branch Insignia Navy blue Jacket Khaki Belt with Metal Buckle White Belt with Metal Buckle Neck & Branch Insignia Navy blue Shoes White Socks Navy blue Socks Navy blue Socks White Shoes Navy blue Shoes Green Parka Navy blue Topcoat
When the navy blue (winter) uniform is worn during the classroom hours, students can wear navy blue sweaters as well.
- Authorization and Responsibilities:
- The Dean of the Faculty of maritime is authorized for the implementation of this regulation. Criminal penalties for students, who don't obey the rules deliberately or in inappropriate behaviours, are within the Dean's authority.
- This regulation comes in effect on the date of publication.The Undersecreteriat of maritime of the Turkish Republic has approved that winter uniforms should be made of dark blue gabardine fabric and the relevant regulation has been published in the Official Journal. In case this regulation comes into application, our students are also required to adhere to the new regulation.